Wednesday, December 7, 2011

1/2 a year. 180. days. 6 months.

My child turned 6 months old on Dec. 2.  What is that you say?  I'm sorry.  You couldn't be talking about MY child.  Whaaaaat??  Nonsense.  Craziness.  Call it what you want, but 6 months ago our lives drastically changed with more of a blessing than we could ask for.  I cannot believe Hampton is already 6 months old and he fills our lives with laughter and new love every single day.  It just so happened that my mom, 2 sisters, and I were heading off to Birmingham for our annual Christmas shopping getaway on the day he turned 6 months.  It was a bit bittersweet.  I was already partial about leaving him for the whole weekend for the first time even though Daddy was excited for a whole lotta Hampton and daddy time.  Daniel's parents came down and kept him on Friday while Daniel worked and then Daniel kept him the rest of the weekend.  They all survived and had fun while doing it!! :)  To say I was excited to see my itty bitty on Sunday would be an understatement.  Sadly enough, I couldn't help but think of all the men and women who sacrifice years, not just a weekend, without their babies to be overseas and fight for our continued freedom.  I truly salute them and my heart goes out to them.  We still had our monthly birthday pics just a couple days late.  We took a ton this time with our new little fancy smancy camera, but here are just a few of my favs...

This one is a very good depiction of him.  HAPPY baby!! :)

If it's close enough to get his hands on...
 it's going straight in the mouth. 



Inevitably, after the 79th picture, he was over it. 
D-O-N-E.

No more smiles.

No more cooperating.


Over it.

In fact, chewing on my foot sounds MUCH more appealing.


We had our 6 month appointment yesterday and he is right on target with everything.  Yay Hampton!! 


Sitting oh so patiently waiting on Dr. Williams

Ah ha!  Picture is over, I can now go for what I was wanting to jump out of my skin for.
"What IS this thing anyways?!?"

"Look mommy what I got! 
I have NO clue what it is, but I do know
you're letting me touch it long enough for some big looking thing to flash in my face AGAIN!!"

He literally cracks me up.  Every. single. day.  He is so curious and observant, loves to stare (I'm not sure where he learned his mad people watching skills from?!), and has the sweetest little personality already!
His 6 month stats were:

weight:  16 lbs. 1/2 oz.
height:  26 1/2 inches long
head:  46 cm

He is a healthy growing boy.  Thank you, Jesus.  As of now...

he has not one, but two teethies.  They are the most darndest cutest little teeth I ever did see.

showing off his pearly whites :)

he is rolling from his tummy to his back and vice versa.
he doesn't suck his thumb (thank goodness), but does have to have his paci at night before he falls asleep.
still loves bath time and now that he sits up in a big boy tub, he loves playing with his ducky.


he loves for you to hold him while he stands.

he still loves to eat everything in sight and speaking of eating, we are now to a fruit in the a.m., a veggie at lunch, and a meat and veggie at dinner.  His favorites are apples, pears, squash, and chicken and rice so far.  He also has just started eating the Gerber puffs that dissolve in his mouth.  He loves them too.  He's only had strawberry banana at this point.  We also got the go ahead for 1/2 apple juice 1/2 water in a s-s-s-sippy cup.  :(  It was almost too unbearable to make that purchase at Wal-Mart last night.  And by the way, who knew there were 17 different sippy cups to choose from??  Whatever happened to the one size cup, one color, one size top with one size nipple, plastic sippy cup?!  My baby is growing up way too fast!!  Although, I can't wait to see how he likes it.

he still sleeps like a champ (10-12 hrs.) with us.  However, he does nap in his crib. :)  Here's proof.


We keep saying we're going to try his crib one NIGHT, but things just seem to keep coming up. Oh well, we have what, oh, 16 years or so for that, right?!  Ha!

he loves to sit up.  Whether it's watching t.v. or playing.  I guess that's what happens when they figure out there's a vertical way of seeing the world around them.


Like every other post, I could keep going on and on about all of his accomplishments, what he's working on, and so forth, but it's way past my bed time.  To say the least, he is a happy little creature who we are so very proud of and so blessed to call ours!  We love you to the moon and back sweet Hampton!

No comments:

Post a Comment