Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hampton's spend the night company

Last Friday morning Hampton and I met my parents, Hughes, and Brooke at the Waffle House.  From there, we went over to Grove Park to see Mama Hughes for a few minutes.  Once we got done, Hughes insisted that he go with Hampton and I, which was fine.  We got some lunch, ran some errands, and made it home.  Later that afternoon, Hughes says, "I sure wish I could spend the night with ya'll tonight."  (His way of asking).  I told him of course he could.  Now, this is BIG.  He hasn't EVER spent the night with anyone except for my parents until recently.  A few weeks ago he spent the night with Mrs. Sara (Brad's mom) and then not long after that, Brooke and Jerry.  I guess he got good and broke in and figured why not spend the night with us too!  He's a pretty smart kiddo because he figured out by spending the night with us he got Hampton all to himself.  ;)  He is always whining that everybody else always has Hampton except him.  That afternoon he said, "Now I can hold and play with Hampton as much as I want, right Aunt Anna?!"  haha  Pretty smart, huh?!  I thought so. 

They sure do love each other!


He thinks Hughes is hysterical!

Hughes said they were in a stare off. ha!

After Daniel got home, we spent the rest of the night enjoying my aunt's family park, Holiday Spectacular.  If you live in the Dothan area, you should totally go check it out.  It's so much fun and tons of entertainment for kids.  You better hurry though, she's only open a couple of more nights until Thanksgiving next year.  http://www.holidayspectacularpark.com/  That particular night we enjoyed live entertainment by Shane Owens, ate dinner, Daniel and Hughes roasted marshmallows, and just enjoyed all of the millions of twinkling lights that surround you.  It was a fun night to say the least!   Hughes and Hampton played their little hearts out when we got back home.  Hughes said, "When Hampton turns like 5, we'll have to have spend the night parties all the time with each other.  Then we can stay up and play games and watch movies and eat popcorn!!"  We didn't all go to bed until 11:00 that night.  Whew!  This momma was tired.  Here are a few pics from our memorable night...




Hughes and I with Shane Owens




On the way home, Hughes said, "Aunt Anna, will you wake me up real early in the morning so I will have time to play with Hampton before I have to leave?"  I said, "Sure Hughes, what time is early?!"  He said, "Like 8:00."  I think it is so sweet how much he loves Hampton.  It is even more fun watching them interact with one another.  I only can hope and pray they grow up to be the best of friends. 


He was so excited to feed him the next morning!  :)

As he was leaving, Hughes hugged Hampton and said, "It's Christmas Eve, so I'll see you again in a little bit at Grandma's little buddy!"   :)  So stinkin sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment