Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hampton's first Thanksgiving

We have more than we could ever ask for.  And even more to be thankful for.  If I were to even BEGIN to name all those things, this post would never end.  God continues to pour out His blessings on us each and every day and I am forever grateful.  We shared this Thanksgiving with Daniel's side of the family in Marietta, GA since we are staying here for Christmas.  You know the whole, swapping each year, back and forth Holiday thing that has to happen when you get engaged and then married to someone who has family not in the same town as yours.  Kind of stinks, but you do what you gotta do I guess.  Anyways, we left on Wednesday around lunch and came back on Saturday.  It was a nice little relaxing getaway I must say.  I always thoroughly enjoy spending time with his family.  His mom has 3 other sisters that are hysterical when they all get together.  This time they were all especially excited to see, no not "us", but of course, Hampton. ;)  It's ok.  I'm getting used to it at this point.  Thursday was a relaxing, gorge yourself out kind of day, complete with smoked turkey and any side you can think of.  That morning before everyone began to arrive, Daniel and I received an "early" Christmas present I had wanted from his parents.  A Canon Rebel T3 SLR. I had known we were getting it, just didn't know I would be so lucky to already open it.  It's awesome!!  I was SO incredibly pumped.  I absolutely love it and we're both a little obsessed with taking pictures (as if I wasn't already with my little Canon Digital).  Friday, Daniel and I got treated to lunch by ourselves and to do some shopping while his grandmother and mom gladly took care of Hampton for the day.  Eating lunch just the 2 of us AND shopping.  And not feeling like I have to be in a hurry.  Ahhhh.  Pure bliss.  By the afternoon, I was already missing my little man.  We spent the rest of the day/night being lazy and spending some more time with his family.  The next morning we got up and headed back home.  The Iron Bowl was coming on at 2:30 and we were hoping to get back just in time...it had just started when we walked in the door.  Bama dominated 42-14.  Woo Hoo.  Roll Tide!!  I can't believe another season of Bama football is over.  It flies by once it gets here.  It sure was a great way to sum up the last few days of sweet family time.  I will leave you with just a "few" of the pictures we took so far with our new camera.  I hope each of you had a blessed Thanksgiving as well!!

Playing with his great Aunt Teresa
 With his 3rd cousin, Mason.  The only 2 great grandchildren as of now. :)

Great grandchildren with Mamaw :)


Einstein thinking...



 A little outside fun



God Love it!  I could just eat those little cheeks up!



LOVE, LOVE this one.  Most of all because I LOVE his BIG brown eyes :)

Sweet profile

We got a little preview of the weeks to come when he got to open a present from his
great aunt Teresa and uncle Jim...he loved it, which I figured.


"What is this big 'ole thing?!"

How sweet...his own little nativity scene for his room!! :) 
It actually lights up and plays sounds and he can play with it.
Thank you Aunt Teresa and Uncle Jim!

There's just nothing quite like a precious, wet, naked baby!

 Playing with his ducky

Going to celebrate our Iron Bowl victory with dinner at Hunt's! 
Roll Tide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment