Sunday, September 25, 2011

ReCreate Conference

I was soooo excited when I got this little guy in the mail today...

What, you might ask is that little guy?!  Well, it's my arm band for the Women's ReCreate Conference I'm going to at Church of the Highlands this weekend.  Church of the Highlands is just one of the MANY things Daniel and I miss about Birmingham so when I saw this women's conference on their website was Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2011 I jumped on it.  Unfortanately, while we went to church there I never took the opportunity to go.  BUUUUT, this time it gave us a GREAT excuse to visit B'ham again and learn more about God in the process!!  I'm anxious to see what all God has in store for me through this wonderful opportunity of listening to speakers speak on God's word, fellowship, and worship.  Daniel and I both are looking forward to spending time with some great friends, eating at a couple of our favorite restaurants, and maybe, just maybe a little shopping if time allows.  If you didn't notice when I mentioned it above, we will only be there for 3 short, I mean very short days.  That's the only thing that makes me sad about the trip.  There are so many people, places, and things I want to see and do visiting again, but it's going to be a challenge.  I have a session Friday night starting at 7 then all day on Saturday and of course plan on going to service there Sunday morning before lunch then heading home.  I already have prepared myself for feeling like we were there for too short of a time to go and do all the things I would LOVE to do.  However, I am thankful for the opportunity and trying to keep my mind focused on the real reason for the weekend...growing into a deeper relationship with my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment