Wednesday, August 3, 2011

2 months already???

Oh. my. goodness.  Where does time go?  Hampton was 2 months old yesterday.  How can it be?  These last 2 months have been the most amazing 2 months of my life.  He has brought SO much joy to our lives and family I can't imagine our life before him.  He is so incredibly sweet and the BEST baby.  I know, I know I'm a little biased, but I'm for real.  He has been the best baby for us.  In fact, I tell people he is so good that our next child will probably be quite the little hellian. ;)  Anyways, we're NOT going there right now or anytime soon for that matter.  We are enjoying our precious blessing God has given us and trying to soak up every moment possible with him. 
Unfortanately, turning 2 months old = 2 month check up = 3 SHOTS! :(

Waiting on Dr. Williams
Not surprisingly though, he did great!  He even did a little better than mommy.  He hardly even cried when she pricked him and was completely fine when Daniel picked him up.  It made me so sad and daddy was a trooper and was right in on the action helping hold his hands down for the nurse.  Thank goodness for Daniel in times like those.  This emotional mommy can't handle it!
These are his stats as of now:

weight:  12 lbs. 8 oz. - 50th percentile (funny thing, he weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz. at birth!)

Height:  23 3/4 inches long - 61st percentile

Head:  40 1/2 cm.

He wasn't even really fussy and had no fever all day.  I still gave him a little Triaminic to rest peacefully during the day and night though. 

Resting at home with his little boo boo's on his legs :(
So far...

He eats great for us.  He already takes 6 oz.!  Hence, weighing in at 12 lbs.  The boy don't miss anything. ;)
He LOVES to watch t.v.
He loves to cuddle.
He loves to sleep in between Daniel and I and won't have it any other way.  I know, might regret that one a little later.
He doesn't mind bath time.
He has just began smiling in the last couple of weeks.  It is the most heart melting thing ever.
He loves his bouncey seat and swing.  We usually interchange the two to swap things up a bit.
He is a very chill baby.  He hardly EVER cries and when he does, it means he has a dirty diaper, hungry, or his reflux is bothering him.
He has found his fingers and hands. 
He loves to look at the world around him and when he does I can literally see his little brain turning.
He sleeps like a champ (day or night)
He has just started sleeping about 6-6 1/2 hours during the night and the first time he did this was our first night in Nashville for Lucy's surgery (July 27).  I thought it was because of the 7-8 hour ride we had just taken, but nope.  He has done it ever since (until I just jinxed it I'm sure!)
He likes to be outside.
He stretches for literally about 5 minutes or so after waking up
He knows how to poke out his bottom lip when he's sad or upset.  It about touches his chin. Don't worry, we got video of this.
He LOVES Hughes!  Watching him, listening to him, everything.  Again, melts my heart.
He has been to 2 states since he was born already...Florida and Tennessee (quiet the little traveler!)




All in all, Dr. Williams said he was extremely pleased with what he saw and that he was a "perfect" baby boy!  Joy to a mother's ears. :) 
However, I do have a small prayer request.  Unfortanately, he does have acid reflux and he is on 2 doses of zantac a day for it.  The Dr. said it was like heartburn for adults.  He spits up A LOT and you can tell when it is burning or bothering him.  Bless his heart.  It is pitiful.  He's not as bad now than he used to be before the zantac, but it's still not taken it away completely.  Dr. said it should go away in time and he doesn't won't to start rice cereal in his bottle until he is 4 months.  Not by my request, but hey, I'm not the Dr. right?!  So, in the meantime, please say a prayer for him and his issues with this.  I pray that God will take away the uncomfortableness of it and he will not be in such distress with it.  Thank you! 

A little morning t.v. :)

On the way home from Nashville

Bath time!




No comments:

Post a Comment