Friday, July 8, 2011

Life after baby...

has been crazy busy.  June has been a month of adjusting to parenthood with lack of sleep and still trying to live a sane life during the day time hours.  But, it's truly worth it and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Here are a few highlights from our fun and busy month.
Daniel celebrated his 1st Father's Day
Sunday, June 19, 2011
 So sweet...
 It also turned out to be our very first Sunday going to church with Hampton! :)
 Proud Papa with Hampton on Father's Day
Oddly enough, my 28th birthday ended up being on the night of our High School 10 year reunion, so Daniel took me out for my birthday dinner on the night before.  We went to La Parilla...SO yummy!  For once in my life, I didn't snap a picture of us that night so I'm a little bummed about that, BUT I have plenty from my actual birthday night at the reunion to make up for it. ;)
 Daniel and I at my 10 year reunion at the Art Museum
The museum was where we had our wedding reception so it brought back some sweet memories :)
 Even though I still can't believe it was already time for our 10 year, it was a very fun night where even more memories were made with good friends and classmates I haven't seen in a long time. A good time was had by all!
NHS Class of 2001 
Where's Anna?  Can you see me?  I'm to the left behind the girl sitting in the chair. haha


Not only was it my birthday AND 10 year reunion, but Hampton spent the night off for the first time!!  Yep, that's right, he spent the night with Mimi and Papa at 3 weeks old!  It was a much needed night of adult interaction, but better than that we got 7 hours of UNINTERRUPTED sleep!!! :)  Those of you that have had children understand why that word is in all caps!  It was a glorious night to say the least.

The next morning we picked up Hampton (which did great they said!) and headed for a week long beach trip.  We stayed with Daniel's parents at Emerald Beach Resort in Panama City.  The rest of his extended family also were there for a week staying in a house.  We had some much needed R & R and enjoyed our first beach trip as a family of 3! :) 


 I was so afraid he was going to become a "lap baby" by the time the week was over.  As you can imagine, between Daniel's mom, grandmother, and 3 aunts, there were very few times when you didn't see this...
 Hampton with his great grandmother, Mamaw


 Even though he didn't get in the water, I had to show him in his first swimsuit. 
It's blue and white seersucker!

 And of course before leaving, we had to take some of the infamous "all white" family beach pictures...


And we returned home on Saturday, July 2 which was Hampton's 1 month old birthday!  My how time flies...




No comments:

Post a Comment