Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It's a southern thing

Around the Hewett household we LOVE us some summa time.  I mean, I would be A okay with Summer time all year round if we could have it.  One thing we like to do not only during summer time, but spring and fall as well is to grill out.  Whether we are grilling with family, friends, or just our little family of 3, we can't get enough.  I could eat something grilled EVERY night and not complain one bit.  So, lately we've been grilling out quite a bit.  Here are 2 of my favorite meals my personal chef, Daniel has made us this week.  They were both phenomenal!!!
Grilled chicken with grilled zucchini, squash, and mushrooms
 Grilled mahi mahi on angel hair pasta...my personal ALL TIME favorite, hands down. 
And they are both healthy, light summery meals.  They are easy peasy (for those of you with a 6 week old), quick, and oh so yummy!
And while mommy and daddy are soaking up the sights and smells of grilling during the summer time, little man is too! ;)  Gotta start 'em young, right?!

I'm not sure if people up north enjoy summer and grilling as much as us southerners do or not, but if I had to guess, I would say grilling out with 1 or 15 people and loving every minute of it, is definitely a southern thing. Just sayin.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment