Sunday, April 17, 2011

Good times with good friends...

Daniel and I found out we were expecting our first child on September 29, 2010.  Of course, we waited until we told our parents the good news to spread the word to our friends and other family members.  Once our parents knew, it was all down hill from there.  I couldn't wait any longer to tell everyone.  I sent out a mass text to most of all of our friends, but there were a few that received actual phone calls.  Two of those calls were made to Emily Byars and Leslie Moody.  I met Emily and Leslie both in Birmingham when I started teaching at Chalkville Elementary in 2005.  We all taught 1st grade together and immediately became close friends.  After moving back to Dothan last year, it's safe to say I miss these 2 girls A LOT.  We always have the best time with each other whether it's a serious or relaxed setting.  They truly have a heart for God and have helped me grow in my faith as a Christian and I thank them for that.  They both hold very special places in my heart and I am forever grateful to have them as my friends.  A few weeks after telling them both the good news, I received the same phone call from Leslie that I had given her just a few short weeks earlier.  She was pregnant as well!  Wow!  I was ecstatic for her and James and I knew exactly the wonderful feeling she was feeling.  Well, God works in mysterious ways and I love it.  A couple of weeks after that phone call with Leslie I received a call from Emily with the same exciting news.  Her and Michael were expecting their first bundle of joy also!  I was elated for us all.  We were all going through the same amazing emotions and journey of having our first child...together.  Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor too?!  Even though I live in Dothan now and they are both still in Birmingham, we still keep in touch and it has been SO much fun talking to them about what they're feeling, changes, etc. over the past 8 months while being pregnant.  However, talking on the phone just wasn't good enough.  We HAD to come up with a plan to hang out and spend the day together.  So, we set a date and many weeks later we all met at Eastchase Mall in Montgomery to spend some quality time together.  Montgomery was a half way point for all of us and it worked out perfect.  The weather was amazing and the day couldn't have been prettier.  We met at 11:00 and started out with a little shopping at Storkland and Name Dropper (imagine that!).  We moved on to eating lunch (of course we were hungry after 1 store) to Red Robin.  After a wonderful meal, we were ready to shop until we dropped (which doesn't take long for 3 pregnant girls)!  After a few hours of shopping, we made a final pit stop at Marble slab for some yummy ice cream before we had to say our good-byes.  Needless to say, with 3 really preggo girls, we got quite a few stares, nice little smiles, and even some "awe's" from strangers all day.  One person even asked if we were sisters or best friends!!  It was an extremely fun day and as always I thoroughly enjoyed my time with them.  Now, I cannot wait to do it again in September when Hampton and I both will actually get to meet Baby Byars and Baby Moody!! 
As you know, I am having a boy and due May 28.
Emily is having a boy and due June 11.
Leslie is having a girl and due July 7.
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

I cannot wait for all of our blessings to arrive.

I love and miss you both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment