Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy. Busy. Busy.

So, April 8 was my last day not only at Girard Elementary, but as a teacher.  For now anyways.  I'm not sure where God will lead me in the future, but I am excited to see what He has in store for me, but as for now I am enjoying every single second of not working.  I still don't feel like I am out for good though because this week is our Spring Break so it hasn't quite hit me just yet that I get to run errands and do what I want, when I want for...well...however long until Hampton decides to make his grand entrance into the world.  However, if you know me well, you know it is extremely difficult for me to sit still...even being 34 weeks pregnant, can't breathe well, don't sleep at night, feet so swollen they are bruised and hurting, a mini Muhammed Ali in my stomach 24 hours a day, and waddling like a mother duck everywhere I go.  Since getting out on Friday, April 8 I have done anything and everything, but REST like I promised my husband I would do.  I have been busy, busy running around town getting things done before our little bundle of joy arrives.  I must admit I've always heard people say (including my mother and sister) that once you have a child, you would rather buy for them instead of yourself.  I have always begged to differ on that opinion because I LOVE to shop.  But, now with a child on the way, I completely understand that saying.  I find myself in the baby section of every store I walk into before even making it to my section (IF I even make it to my section).  One of my favorite things I have bought for him is his diaper bag. It's chocolate and teal with tons of storage and pouches on the inside with 2 pockets on the outside.  I absolutely LOVE it and couldn't be any more happier with my decision!
One thing is for sure.  The boy will never go without clothes.  Between my obsession with buying him outfits, hand me downs from my sister, attending Kid's Market in the fall, and my sister's friend, Nicole supplying me her little boy's closet...the boy has some clothes.  Every time I buy him something, I realize why God did not bless me with a little girl for my first child.  I think it's pretty safe to say one of two things would have happened.  1.  Daniel and I would be bankrupt and I do mean we would be NEGATIVE in the bank account or 2.  Daniel and I would get a divorce (bankruptcy being the cause of our divorce).  I cannot contain myself when I see little girl's clothing.  Now, don't get me wrong, little boys clothing is just as cute and just as fun to buy, but I will say I can contain myself just a little more.  Here are just a few (and I mean just a few) of my favorites I have bought him so far...
precious submarine
 Of course I had to buy him a Polo onesie when we went to Destin outlets
 Sailboats and ducks smocked bubble
I go through his closet and look at all of his clothes and just picture him in them. I can't wait for him to actually wear them.  Can. Not. Wait. 

On another note, neither Daniel nor I are avid readers and never have been, but I will say if someone recommends a book I should read, I usually try to make the time to read it.  9 times out of 10, for me starting a good book usually results in reading a few chapters in my spare time and then 6 months later forgetting what I had read so far because it had been so long since I read it last.  Doesn't work out that well.  Probably explains why I'm not really an avid reader.  However, lately Daniel has begun reading at night which usually turns to boredom for me.  I can only play on the computer for so many hours, right?!  haha  So, I started thinking, with all this "spare" time I'm going to have in the next few weeks I mine as well get into a good book.  I mentioned it to Daniel and he quickly gave me this one...
Let me tell you, I finished this 18 chapter book in record time for Anna Hewett.  It was unbelievably good.  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND reading it if you haven't.  Now, I'm not going to bore you and give you any kind of synopsis or anything, but just take my word for it and read it.  I don't think you will be disappointed. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anna! Saw the link to your sweet blog on facebook- congratulations! You look wonderful :)
    -Emily Cutts Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emily! Thank you so much! Loved reading your blog now as well. Nice little way to keep in touch with people!

    ReplyDelete