Monday, May 14, 2012

FIRST Mother's Day!

To say I am blessed would be an understatement.  I am BEYOND blessed and thank God everyday for His abundant blessings.  My very first mother's day is officially in the books and I must say it was such a special day thanks to my precious husband, beautiful baby boy, and family.  It was all I had imagined it would be and more.

From this moment...

to this moment...

to this moment...

my heart has been filled and overwhelmed with love and joy for this precious angel.  Words cannot describe how much I love being a mommy to this child.  Even though he doesn't talk to me yet (just babbles, coos, and TRIES to talk words) I can only imagine how sweet his voice will sound to hear him call me, "mommy."  My heart longs for that moment already.  He is the most precious gift God could have ever blessed Daniel and I with and I am forever grateful. 


Daniel so lovingly let me open my gift from him and Hampton on Saturday night.  Sunday mornings are usually rushed with breakfast, getting ready, and out the door ON TIME so we figured we could knock that out beforehand.  They gave me this beautiful necklace.  I must say, the picture doesn't do it justice.  It has a round of diamonds and a silver plate behind it that is engraved.  On the front side it reads, "Hampton Woods, 6-2-11 and on the back it reads, Mother's Day 2012.  Not gonna lie, I almost cried when I opened it.  It is absolutely beautiful!  Something I wanted, but more.  It is so special to me and I will cherish it and the memories of my first mother's day forever.  Thank you again, Daniel and Hampton.  I love you both more than words can say.


We celebrated Mother's Day by going to church and then a wonderful lunch at mother and daddy's.  I am SO thankful for my mom and all the lessons she has instilled in me.  It has helped me become the person I am today. 


I only hope that I am half the mother to Hampton that my mother has been to me. 
Mommy loves you sweet Hampton!



No comments:

Post a Comment