Friday, January 27, 2012

Hughes turns 7!!!!!

Yesterday was Hughes' 7th birthday!  Wow.  Not only is my own child growing like a weed, but my loving and sweet nephew, Hughes is too!  It seems like he should be 4 years old.  He is a smart, kind hearted, and full of energy little boy to say the least.  I love him like he was one of my own.  Brooke, Hampton, and I picked him up from school yesterday (at 12:30 because they got out early due to potential bad weather...how lucky is he?!) and took him to Fun Zone, who was closed because of the weather, so his next choice was Chuck E. Cheese.  Go. Figure.  We had a fun time eating pizza and watching him play games.  He even won the jack pot on one of the games.  He was so excited!



That night we went to Dana and Brad's house for his "unofficial" birthday party with just family.  Brad cooked bar b q, baked beans, and cole slaw for everyone, then of course we indulged in birthday cake and ice cream afterwards.  Hughes opened his presents and we all played a little.  Even papa...


Hughes originally wanted a boys sleepover for his party, but right now he has basketball games every Saturday morning until February.  Therefore, he will have his "official" party at his sleepover in a couple of weeks. 

Until then, his "family" party will suffice and a good time was had by all.  Happy birthday Hughes man!!  We love you to the moon and back!

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to know you have a blog! It is added to my faves. :) Thankfully, Silas does not go to daycare; he stays with my in-laws. I am planning to send him to 3P in another year though. We need to get our boys together to play!

    ReplyDelete