Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

Being that this is Hampton's 1st Halloween, a trip to the pumpkin patch was a must.  We went to Aplin Farms today and had a lot of fun.  I know Hampton isn't old enough to know what it is, but it was so fun to watch him look at everything and take in all the new sights and sounds around him (and of course I got some really cute photos too!).  It was a GORGEOUS day.  Not too hot, not too cold and a little breeze in the air.  Just right.  Dad was such a good sport as always and helped take photos of him.  They had a lot more to offer than we saw or did, but like Daniel and I were talking about, it's crazy to think this time next year he will be a 1 1/2 year old running around wanting to do those "other" things such as the hay ride, duck races, petting the different animals, inflatable houses, and even a corn maze (he'll still be too small for the maze, but you get my drift).  It's all a little bittersweet already!!  Nonetheless, we still had fun today and glad we took him.  Here are a few of the sweet and precious pictures I took of him and us today.

All ready to go to my first pumpkin patch

That's a long time folks...but now I know why!


Hahaha  Love it!

So precious!  He was watching the hayride pass by


"Wow.  What are those huge things laying there??"



Believe it or not, this was the best one I got of him here and I think it was take # 12. 
He was NOT a fan of the prickly hay.
The melt down was about 2 seconds after this!!
 I think he had fun!!

All our fun must have wore him out because he snoozed all the way home. :)

Once we got home, it was on to the more serious stuff.  Time to grill out and watch my tide roll!!! 
Alabama 52 - Ole Miss 7...Roll Tide!!

All in all, it was another fun Saturday with our family of 3 making more sweet memories.  Thank you Lord for our many blessings!!  Lord willing, we hope to do it all again next year with a brown eyed, energetic 1 1/2 year old. :)

3 comments:

  1. Anna, he is soooo precious. And it just keeps getting more and more fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! How precious! Hampton is such a cutie, I love all the pics! Looks like a fun day was had at Aplin Farms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! We all had fun making sweet memories and Hampton was intrigued by all that he saw!!

    ReplyDelete