Thursday, October 13, 2011

4 months

Hampton was a shocking 4 months on Oct. 2!!!!  Craziness.  However, he didn't have his appointment until Oct. 12 so mommy's a little late on this post, but hey, better late than never, right?! 




On our way to the appointment

Such an irresistable face

Waiting on Dr. Williams

"I fought the nurse and the...nurse won!" 



Poor baby had to have not 1, but 2 shots. :( So far that part hasn't gotten any easier for either one of us and I'm pretty sure that's not going to change.  The rest of the day went great though.  He didn't have any fever and he slept ALL afternoon.  3 1/2 hours slept. :) 

Here are his stats:
weight:  14 lbs. 12 oz.
Height:  25 3/4 inches long
Head:  44 cm.
As of now...
HE HAS HIS FIRST TOOTH!!!!!  Yep, already cut a tooth. It is SO precious.  I TRIED my best to snap a picture of it, but nope, that wasn't happening.  Not then, anyways.  I might try again another day. It's crazy he has one because you would have NEVER known it.  He has not changed one bit.  His mood, sleep patterns, nothing.  He's pretty amazing. :)
He still LOVES bath time
He smiles and laughs ALL. THE. TIME. :)
He can now roll over from his back to his tummy and then get frustrated b/c he can't roll back over
He loves his play gym
He reaches for anything and everything you place in front of him
He loves his bouncy entertainment jumperoo.  He's beginning to get the hang of actually pressing his feet off the ground to bounce
He loves being outside and especially likes sitting in his carrier on my chest as we go for walks
He is sleeping ~ 9-11 hours a night
He has started sucking his thumb (but not sure if it's really sucking or giving his little gums some slack)
He seems to like his paci better now
His reflux has gotten MUCH better (thanks for prayers!)
He just started taking 7 ounces in his bottle
Last but not least...
Having our 4 month check up doesn't just mean shots, he gets to start SOLID food now!!!  He is growing up TOO fast and he acted like such a big boy sitting in his high chair eating his rice cereal this morning.  Not gonna lie, mommy teared up.  I know, I'm a sap.  I can't help it. I am very thankful to be able to be at home right now with him and daddy having a job where we can both be at home for special "firsts" with him.  Daddy took video and pics for me!  Thanks honey!  I couldn't do it without YOU! :)
                                   "Daddy, why is mommy acting so excited?!  She's scaring me."

"What are you trying to shove in my mouth and why?!"

"Hey, that was pretty good.  I'll take some more, please!"
Thankfully, he did awesome and he loved it.  He actually would act like he was about to start crying b/c I wasn't going fast enough.  What can I say, the boy likes his food and I can't blame him. ;) 
Hampton, you bring unexplainable joy to mommy and daddy's lives.  We are already so very proud of you.  You make us smile when we're in the worst of moods.  I can't imagine life without you.  We are beyond blessed that God chose US as your parents here on this Earth.  We love you to the moon and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment